Monday, November 10, 2008

A NEW TRADITION

Im so excited I found this book called the Elf on the Shelf. In the book it explains that Santa knows who is naughty and/or nice because he sends a scout elf to every home. During the holiday season, the elf watches children by day and reports to Santa each night. When children awake, the elf has returned from the North Pole and can be found hiding in a different location. The book is seriously so cute! Im going to wrap it and put it on the door step around Thanksgiving. It will be like an early gift from Santa. I can't wait, it's going to be such a fun family tradition year after year!

Picture-1-733779.png

3 comments:

RickAndGina said...

I love it! The book I have that I read every year is "Fartsy Clause" Yes, I know.....but it is seriously cute and I love the traditions. I need to have some kids to have them with though.

Marcie said...

I might have to get that book. I love using the "santa's elves are watching you" line to scare Brighton into being good.

RSP said...

Tyson's family did something similar to this growing up....
Something about the elf checking on you during the days counting down to Christmas.... if you were good he would leave small candies in your shoes at night and if you were bad, nothing. It's really small stuff, like one fun size candy bar, a bouncy ball, etc. Now that he's grown, the "elf" still sends little treats in the mail to cover 24 days before Christmas to both of us. I think it's kind of fun!